Cazro's Collection of Papercraft Tutorials.

Welcome to my collection of my favourite tutorials. Keep popping back, I welcome your comments.

Monday 26 September 2011

Easy Embossing Resist Technique

One of my favourite techniques is the Embossing Resist, you can achieve some amazing results fairly easily.
I hope this tutorial with a few pictures will help you along the way. if you would prefer a more visual version, just go to Google- then you tube and type in Embossing Resist or Resist on Cards. Good luck but if you haven't used this technique before, please try it, it's fun.
                                                                 You will need the following.

You will need card - measurements below
Using a text stamp, with Frayed Burlap
Cover the card with either Talcum powder or a anti-static bag. Choose your stamps, position them on the card, once stamped with either Perfect Medium or Versamark you won't be able to see where you stamped. Leave two of the stamps on the card and stamp the third. Take off the second , add the Versamark, stamp in it's position, take the third and stamp in it's position.

Cover with clear embossing powder, tip off the excess, return to the pot.  Heat the powder with a heat tool. I find if I do this under a table light I can see better when the magic melting happens. Start to add Distress Inks using Autumnal colours. I used Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, then edged the card using Forest Moss

Matt onto your green card, then adhere to your 5" square card
Your completed project. Well done.

1 comment:

annesyme said...

Another great tutorial Carole, I love the finished card.
Anne x