Monday, 2 May 2011
Deep Embossing Necklace.
Deep Impression Triple embossing using UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
Ordinary Embossing powder does not work as good as UTEE, many layers would be needed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swX8SPZc2WU Meryle Holland - Watch part 1 and 2. I have found this lady is the cheapest source of UTEE, you get more for your money.
This video will give visual guidance.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ElusiveImages#p/u/2/Fx4OEhMlxgY Glenda Waterworth
· Take a 2” square of mount board (ordinary card will buckle and bend), using a black marker pen cover it all over and on the edges to be black. Let it dry a few minutes.
· Using either Versamark or Perfect medium which are glue like inks, cover the 2” sq.
· Dip it into a container of UTEE, place onto a craft mat, melt it with your heat gun.
WARNING—DO NOT AT ANY TIME TOUCH THE UTEE ONCE MELTED FOR IT GETS VERY HOT
· When melted and still hot, drop back into the UTEE, tip, don’t tap the excess.
· Before melting prepare your stamp. Choose a patterned stamp, cover with Versamark or similar, put aside within easy reach.
· Return the 2” sq, again melt the UTEE. When melted drop back into the UTEE, tip don’t tap off excess, melt again, when it looks like it is a smooth molten square.
· Gently lower your prepared stamp down onto it, be sure your going down onto it like a
helicopter landing, or your more likely to slip at an angle. Keep it pressed down for a few
minutes it will release itself when it has cooled. If it is not to your pleasing you can again melt the UTEE, re ink your stamp to stamp again
· To add mica powders , dab the piece with the Versamark, sprinkle a tiny bit of chosen colours, brush on with small brush, gently pat onto a baby wipe to take off excess and provide the moisture to seal the powder.
. Punch a hole where desired, add a jewel finding and a chain to make a necklace. Or you can add your completed piece to a card.